High Voltage Heroes

 This is the final Action Project for the course 'Stories'. This is by far my favorite AP that I have done, it involves my passion for comics and my passion for music, and being able to express this is great. In this AP we were tasked with picking two heroes, one fictional and one non-fictional. For my Non-fictional character, I chose the late Bon Scott, the lead singer of AC/DC. For my Fictional character, I chose the Flash (Wally West). I decided on Bon Scott because he has such a distinctive voice and he (and the rest of AC/DC) changed the entire Rock genre, and to many, he is the face of the Rock genre. Wally West on the other hand is the Flash, a superhero that reminds me a lot of myself, mostly because at a young age this character read comics and idolized them. Using these comics to escape the harsh realities of his world. I then had to choose how I would tell the stories of these two heroes, I chose to tell their stories with pictures. 





Conclusion:
I picked Wally West/ Kid Flash/ The Flash because he was a kid who dreamed of becoming like his hero, this wish ended up being granted and I find his hero’s journey to be very rocky because he had a rocky life as a hero. I picked Bon Scott, the Australian singer/songwriter who was the lead singer of AC/DC. He had such a distinctive voice that anyone could recognize. I chose to map their journeys because both of these characters have almost nothing in common and they are both my favorite, Wally being my favorite superhero and Bon being my favorite singer. My call to adventure would probably be the first time I heard Iron Man by Black Sabbath, I would say that this is my call to adventure because ever since then I have been looking for adrenaline, a lot like Bon I get bored and I am always looking for something to do.

Work Cited:

Wb51417. “Wally West Rebirth.” Warner Bros. Entertainment Wiki, https://warnerbros.fandom.com/wiki/Wally_West

Wendy. "Bon Scott!." Pinterest, https://www.pinterest.com/pin/651122058629044458/

Scott Family. A young Bon with his father "Chick" Scott, both wearing Scottish pipe band uniforms. ABC     News. https://www.abc.net.au/news/2022-05-09/fresh-insight-into-death-of-acdcfront-man-bon-scott/100900888

“Bon Scott's High Voltage Life as AC/DC Front Man | On the Brink Full Documentary | Australian Story.” YouTube, YouTube, 9 May 2022, https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9HZdQGoFjqQ. Accessed 10 Nov. 2022. 

Fluidicbeats, director. The New Origin Of Classic Wally West! (The Flash: Heroes In Crisis Prelude). YouTube, YouTube, 30 July 2018, https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8HO_E3nDLRs. Accessed 10 Nov. 2022.

Popular Posts