Nuclear Power ... Is it the Future?

We have just finished up this unit, which we have dubbed TURN, because in this unit we have learned about renewable energy. And a lot of energy is produced by TURNing a turbine. I also learned a lot about how power plants work, in specific I learned about how nuclear power plants use a process called “fission” which is the process of splitting uranium atoms in half to create energy. I learned how fossil fuels have effected our environment and how the world could use alternative energy sources to help lower carbon emissions. We have talked to a person who worked for Nicor gas, she had brought up a lot of good points on each energy source some positives and some negatives. I have learned multiple formulas and I would say that it was fun.








Popular Posts